Monday 10 September 2012

TAST2012 A Summery of Stitches So Far

When Sharon of Pintangle asked us participants of TAST2012 whether we wanted to stay on schedule or take a one-week break, I voted for a break. Not because I needed to catch up, but I knew I would have a hard time travelling back to Japan and getting used to my daily routines again.



For a long time I have toyed with the idea of making a summery sampler of all the TAST stitches. While packing my suitcase I found a linen serviette I had bought in a sale and took out a pen. Before I knew it I had started scribbling zentangles on it. I learned this kind of doodling from a previous post of Sharon's with a video of zentangles. Suddenly I saw the outline of a bird among the lines and knew what to do.

I put a handful of threads, a needle, a thread-cutter, an embroidery hoop and the serviette in my carry on luggage.
Once at the airport I started stitching, and then I just went on, in the plane and while waiting for connections. There was no stopping me until I hit that Wall of Heat once back here in Tokyo.
Here the nights have been soothingly coolish and my jet-lagged mind at its best, so what to do. Well continue to stitch of course!

My Catch Up Week has been used to create this bird, made up of all the 33 stitches we have used so far:


I will add more details in the surrounding with the stitches to come. 
Tomorrow is Tuesday and Week 37 of TAST2012. Looking forward to it!!!




16 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Brilliant idea Queenie..awesome!! how well the stitches suits for the bird..very innovatyive indeed!!loved it..

latha said...

This is AWESOME!!!!!! Design and stitches used on appropriate places is wonderful...Great idea ..would love to do one like this. Thanks for sharing it.!!!!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Your TAST stitched bird is fabulous Queenie! It is so wonderfully creative and beautifully stitched!! Yes, I'm looking forward to this week's stitch too :)

Kathy said...

Wow! I love your amazing bird!

Julie said...

This is simply GORGEOUS! I love it.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you all, for your kind comments.
It was a good way to fight air travel and jet lag, ha, ha!

Ingalill Jigborg said...

Vilken underbar fågel. Du är väldigt kreativ.

Pippas quilts said...

Wonderful bird all those different stitches work so well next to each other.

Annet said...

Wow, all stitches in this little birdie, it's gorgeous!

Shami Immanuel said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Creative idea. Beautiful embroidered bird.

Christine said...

your bird is beautiful!!

Debbie said...

You always come up with these cool ideas, Queenie! One can tell you had a lot of fun with it.

crazyQstitcher said...

Your beautiful bird is sooo impressive. I am in awe of your talent.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! The bird is beautiful! Please post pictures of it again when you finish it.

Queeniepatch said...

Will do, when all 52 TAST stitches are completed.

Marjolein said...

WOW, what a nice way to design a bird. I love it! Congratulations!