Sunday 20 May 2018

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 61: Raised Fishbone Stitch

In my neck of the woods the trees are showing off their new leaves, so I thought we should do a leaf-shaped stitch today.

Here is Raised Fishbone Stitch,
and I hope the pictures are enough to explain the way to stitch it.







Beware, this stitch is certainly a thread-eater!

Mattia tells me the two names in French are:
Point d'arête en relief
Point de passé plat croisé 

Homework:
SSS Reference Chart
Teal tailoring wool scribble cloth
Aida sampler, if possible.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

It's a useful stitch, and creates a nicely raised effect.

Pamela said...

I have used this stitch and you are right, it is a thread-eater.

Queeniepatch said...

I like the look of it, but feel it is very wasteful!

Queeniepatch said...

I think I will use it sparingly!

jacaranda said...

I must try this stitch.

Queeniepatch said...

I hope you will like it.

Anonymous said...

Ce point a plusieurs noms en français,
plus généralement il est appelé :
- Point d'arête en relief
Dans le Mary Thomas il est appelé
- point de passé plat croisé (crossed satin stitch)

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you Mattia. I have now updated the blog post.

Stitching Lady said...

I use your post as reference - looking for a stitch for leaves I found the raised fishbone stitch. Thank you Queenie for this fantastic possibility to find my stitches here. Your index helped a lot!